Monday, October 31, 2005

Mitch Webb Lonely Kind Content

Here is the pertinent information:

We broke the top 40!

Swindles are at #36 and rising on the AMA Chart.

Thanks to all you stations out there playing the Lonely Kind and especially to all you fans calling in and requesting it!

Throw in the Supreme Music Co. logo and HMK and theswindles.com 210-632-6699





Here is the info:

CD release
Friday the 13th
Our last show at the old Casbeers location.
6$ cover at the door 15$ and you get a CD
We start at 9:00 with no opener this time.
1719 Blanco Rd. 732-3511

Lonely Kind written by Mitch Webb
West Coast Blues written by Mitch Webb
Cactus Blooms written by Mitch Webb
Blubberball written by Reverend Claude Butch Morgan & Little Brown Jug written by Joseph Winner (1869) congealed by Webb Y Reyes
Dance A Cachuca written by Sir Arthur Sullivan 1842-1900. Adapted by Mitch Webb and the Swindles
10,000 Years Ago (AKA The Bragging Song) Traditional. Adapted by Mitch Webb and the Swindles
Best Of My Heart written by Mitch Webb
Heart to Cave In written by Mitch Webb
A Man Can Cry / Bebop Kid AKA Freddy Fender AKA Baldemar G. Huerta
Pig Song / Traditional Adapted by Mitch Webb and the Swindles additional lyrics added by Joe Reyes
Poison Bed written by David Gage, Joe Reyes, Mitch Webb,

Mitch Webb ˆ Vocals & Sad Guitar
Joe Reyes ˆ Guitar, Vocals
Dave Wasson ˆ Guitar
Bart Nichols ˆ Bass
Lloyd Herrman ˆ Drums
Paul Ward ˆ Drums (on Heart To Cave In)

Lyrics:

People say I’m the lonely kind

But if you looked at me you just might find

A man whose givin’ all there is to give

From all his struggles… no will to live

You can talk about and put me down

Laugh and joke about my shaky ground

That’s ok I’ll just move on

In my lonely world I can’t go wrong

For I’m just traveler in this lonely land

Someday I’ll find a heart like mine and it will understand

And we will break the shackles of our great despair

And memories are all we’ll have of this lonely land.

From this lonely world…(8 beats?) where I come from.

Solo

People say I’m the lonely kind

I’m just waitin’ for a heart like mine

If you laugh at me the jokes on you

You don’t know what this lonely world can do

Love can walk right in and out your door

I’ve been up and down that road before

That’s ok I’ll just move on

In my lonely world I can’t go wrong

For I’m just traveler in this lonely land

Someday I’ll find a heart like mine and it will understand

And we will break the shackles of our great despair

And memories are all we’ll have of this lonely land.

From this lonely world… where I come from

Me and Jennie headed out to the ocean

She said she had never seen the sea

We drove out to California

First the desert, then the mountains, then the sea

Jennie got lost in San Francisco

And I headed back to San Antone

The drive was long and lonely

It was years before she ever came back home

I’m not angry that we parted

That our time together ended so soon

Happiness was bound to find me

Someday I’d lose those West Coast Blues

SOLO = VERSE (WHAT A SURPRISE)

Seems the times had been hard on my sweet angel

She’d seen the stars fall from the sky

And when she walked back in my doorway

She swept away those West Coast Blues



I threw my ring off the bridge at the border

As I crossed into Mexico

Left a love behind that was no longer mine

But I had to let go

Every man has his reasons for leaving

Reasons can be filled with regret

I was caught on a line with no way to find

The things that I once found so clear

Cactus blooms so bright in the desert

Where you’d think no life could live

I plan to settle down for one last round

Where the rules will be mine to live

Solo

Gonna find me a sweet senorita

Gonna buy me a parcel of land

Let the days all drift together

Start life once again if I can

Cactus blooms so bright in the desert

Where you’d think no life could live

I plan to settle down for one last round

Where the rules will be mine to live



Well I'm layin' here wide awake and I can not get to sleep

My head is hurtin' my legs both ache I'm trying to grow new feet

My body cry's "you need some rest" but I can't shut down my brain

I ain't really thinking of nothin' at all but I'm thinkin' of every thing, cause I

Chew the fat, I'm a Blubberball

I pickle my liver in alcohol

Smoke my lungs, powder my nose

And watch my body decompose



There's a little bird singing at the top of his lungs

and he's perched inside my brain

I'm thankin' God I ain't got a gun, cause I know we'd both be dead

My hair is steadily fallin' out, by the handsfull everyday

I feel like it, and I look like it, and the smell is here to stay… cause I



Call and Despondence:

And when I die. Don’t bury me at all.

Just Pickle my bones. In Alcohol.

Put a bottle of booze. At my head and feet.

And then I’ll know. My bones will keep



Dance a Cachuca Fandango Bolero

Xeres will do Manzanilla Montero

Wine when it runs in abundance enhances

The reckless delight of that wildest of dances

To the clitter clatter

To the pitter pitter patter we’ll dance

Aha aha aha that wildest of dances

The reckless delight, ……once more

Gondoliere both skillfull and wary free from this quandary contented are we

Once more…… Gondoliere, Gondoliere Gondoliere contented are we.

So goobye Cachuco Fandango Bolero

We’ll dance a farewell to that measure

Old Xeres will do Manzanilla Montero

We leave you with feelings of pleasure

With feelings of pleasure



I was born about ten thousand years ago

And there’s not a thing in history I don’t know

I saw Peter, Paul and Moses playing ring around the roses

And I’ll lick the guy that says it isn’t so

I saw Eve and Adam driven from the door

I’m the guy that picked the fig leaves that they wore

When the apple they were eating, I was ‘round the corner peeking

I can prove that it was I that ate the core

I saw Jonah when he sailed within the whale

And I thought he’d never live to tell the tale

But old Jonah’d eaten garlic so he gave the whale a colic

And he coughed him up and let him out of jail.

I saw Absalom a-hanging by the hair

When they built the wall of China I was there

I saved King Solomon’s life and he offered me a wife

I said, "Now you’re talking business, have a chair."

The Queen of Sheba fell in love with me

We were married in Milwaukee secretly

In Washington I shook her, Just to join with General Hooker

Chasing skeeters out of sunny Tennessee





You got the best of my heart

Love has held me from the start

Dreams seem so real tell me

How does it feel

To be trapped in this thing called the heart



She said , "love is everywhere

Hold on to your senses

You been drinkin again



Lovers cry out in the night

Looking for something so right

God only knows they got

No place to go

They are trapped in this thing called the heart



She said, "love is everywhere

Hold on to your senses





Now I know you were wrong from the start

But we stayed together and played the parts

I should’ve known better, love would never begin

As you sat there waiting for my heart to cave in.

Now all my friends thought it was wrong

For us to get together didn’t take too long

My mom and poppa told me "Son, you better look again"

"Cuz we think that she’s waiting for your heart to cave in"

Bridge

When I was holding on strong

You seemed to slip away

Every time that we kissed

You’d say you couldn’t stay

I wished we were together more

But I’s the only one

I think I’d gone crazy if I’d stuck to my guns

Well love is a mystery, a mystery to me

And I’m not the Sherlock Holmes of love you see

But if Matlock and McGyver tried to figure you out

They’d said "We think she’s waiting for your heart to give out"







A man can cry

Our love can’t surely die

There not here to stay

The sunshine and the rain

But let me, Oooh let me tell you baby

I’m still in love with you



Blue skies above

The towering mountain high

Is to prove my love

All this love have I

But let me, oooh oooh let me tell you baby

I’m still in love with you



The rules of the game

We both know

I know that you love me, love me so

But someday little darling

I know you’re gonna want me

I know you’re gonna want me, want me so



A man can cry

Our love can’t surely die

There not here to stay

The sunshine and the rain

But let me, Oooh let me tell you baby

I’m still in love with you





It was back in last November, How well I do remember

I was staggering down the street in drunken pride

When my feet began to stutter, So I lay down in the gutter

And a pig came up and lay down by my side

As I lay there in the gutter, my heart was all a flutter

And a lady passing by was heard to say

You can tell a man that boozes by the company he chooses

And that dog-gone pig got up and walked away



I got too much blood in my alcohol stream
And too little sense to abstain,
And every bottle holds another dream That the gutter just sucks down the drain..

Well a few months went past, and my pig came back at last

And I told him I would never regress again

As we sat and reminisced, about all the time's we'd missed

As carving knife lay right there by my side



But I remembered feeling lonely, when that pig showed up and told me

A friend in need he could not cast away

I set the knife aside and he offered me a ride

So I jumped on his back and we went to the liquor store!





Now maybe I’m sad about losing you

And maybe it hurts to say goodbye

But I’m telling you

You’ll never see me Cry

I gave you all you asked me for

Gave me hurt and nothing more

You broke my heart

With your tender lies

I called you darling I called your name

I should have hung my heart in shame

I made you smile I made you laugh

I gave you lovin’ everyday I told you things I’d never say

Now who’s that man in that photograph

Chorus

Solo

Did you really think you could keep me here

With just the lies you tell

And the time I spent in your poison bed






Odie ˆ Stand Up Bass (on Heart To Cave In)
Dallas Wickham - guest on Pig Song

Recorded at El Jeff Studios by Ron Morales
mixed and mastered at Studio M by Ron Morales

No comments: